Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Good Read About How To Stay Heathy

I subscribe to Gwyneth Paltrows Newsletter GOOP. I don't read them all as sometimes it is about women's beauty stuff (which I try not to indulge in...), but due to her status as a celebrity, she gets to interview some very interesting people about subjects which are dear to me, like health and wellness, food and all things concerning it.

This time around she conversate's with Dr. Nicholas Perricone, a dermatologist and an Adjunct Professor of Medicine at Michigan State University's College of Human Medicine. He gives advice on what to do to make your skin look and fell its best and how to look good inside and out. It isn't rocket science, it's just common sense, really. This is how I try to live, for the most part, on a regular basis (aside from a few beers, a little wine and bad food once in a while), and it's also how we try to feed our little girl, Olivia. If I can see her grow up as healthy as she can be, I will be a happy man and proud that I can tell people I put in my best effort to feed my daughter the best food she could have eaten. I hope I can help you all to do the same.


Read this GOOP newsletter and I hope you can understand this isn't a quack talking about trying to sell some crazy stuff online. It's all about using what Mother Nature has in her pharmacy for us.



Yesterday we lost one of the greatest single minds of his (and our) generation(s). Steve Jobs did great things as one of the main idea guys behind Apple. He was the driving force behind everything Apple, Mac, iPad, iPod and everything in between. He also taught us something very important: Never let anyone tell you that you can't change the world, how it works and how it works for you. I am very sad about his passing because he was one of my hero's in a lot of ways, especially how he handled his rock-star status and kept his life private, including the cancer which eventually ended his life. His name, his business and his vision will live on and I will still follow them. RIP Steve, you will be missed by many.


iSad.

Quote Of The Day:

"The problem is I'm older now, I'm 40 years old now, and this stuff doesn't change the world, it really doesn't."

~ Steve Jobs 

He always was a humble guy.


Until next time, good eating everyone.

Mark

No comments: